I spent all of last weekend at a boot camp seminar that was advertised as a diverse training course for boot camp instructors.
I hoped that I would learn something new that I could pass on to my clients and introduce some new exercises and ideas to make our boot camp even better. I was so disappointed.... There was nothing new to learn here. In fact, the exercises being taught to the group of fitness trainers was, in my opinion, outdated, dull and lacking in creativity. I left the course feeling discouraged, tired and bored.
At 5.30 am, on a dark, wet Monday morning, I was heading back to the gym for my first clients of the week and I thought about my wasted weekend. But then I thought about what we have here at F.U.S.E. I am so incredibly proud of what we have achieved here over the past two years. I am proud of our diversity, our creativity and the enormous enthusiasm of our trainers.For years, we have been teaching training techniques at F.U.S.E. that aren't even touched by mainstream training facilities. We are truly ahead of our game. It shows in each of us - our passion for fitness, our desire to learn from each other and our need to experiment, to play and progress.
We have left the other gyms behind and have created something different that continues to change and grow. Thank you to all of our trainers and clients who have inspired us to continue learning. You guys make F.U.S.E. what it is!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment